Department of Environmental Conservation

D E C banner

Settle a Pesticide Reporting Violation

If You Have a PRL Violation

The PRL requires the annual submission of reports by February 1 of each year, detailing pesticide activities for the prior calendar year. Certified Commercial Applicators, Technicians, Aquatic Anti-Fouling Paint Applicators and Commercial Permittees (including Importers, Manufacturers and Compounders) are required to submit the annual reports. If you have failed to submit the required annual report(s) by the deadline, there are two options available to follow.

To Settle The Violation:

You may download the short form Order on Consent form, located on the right hand side of this page. To settle the violation for a reduced penalty of $250.00 you must do the following:

1. Fill in the appropriate information and then sign, before a Notary Public, the Order on Consent;
2. Pay the penalty of $250.00 by certified check or money order, made payable to the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation;
3. Prepare your annual report (a blank form is available on the right hand side of this page);
4. Mail the Order on Consent, payment, and annual report to the following address:

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
Pesticide Reporting & Certification Section
PO Box 10699
Albany, NY 12201-5699

To Surrender Your Certification:

DEC will not pursue prosecution of the violation if you voluntarily surrender your commercial pesticide applicator or technician certification (the certification ID card issued to you by DEC).

You may take advantage of this option only if you did not apply pesticides commercially and you have no prior violation of the Pesticide Reporting Law on your record. If this is what you want to do, return the "Voluntary Surrender of Certified Applicator/Technician Certification" form (available for download on this page), and send it along with annual report to the address above.

Voluntarily surrendering your certification does not make the violation go away or disappear; it allows DEC to drop prosecution of the violation. If you surrender your certification but decide later to apply for certification, you must formally resolve the violation at that time, and you will have to satisfy the requirements of 6 NYCRR Part 325 for obtaining certification.

If you have any questions you may call the Pesticide Reporting and Certification Section at 518-402-8748.