Department of Environmental Conservation

D E C banner

Permitted Household Hazardous Waste Facilities

Interactive Map of Permitted Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Storage Facilities (leaving DEC's website)

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection and storage facilities are permanent locations which receive HHW from residents on a regular basis. These facilities receive a permit from the NYSDEC. These facilities are often called permanent facilities and may be operated by either the municipality, a hired contractor, or a private entity. NYSDEC also provides grant assistance to those municipal facilities which are approved under the NYSDEC Household Hazardous Waste State Assistance Program (HHWSAP).

Some cities, towns and counties provide HHW collection during one-day or two-day events during the year. If your community does not have a Permanent HHW Facility, check with them to see if they host HHW collection days.