DEC is teaming up with the Rochester Accessible Adventures (RAA) and Braddock Bay Raptor Research to host this engaging FREE workshop. We will be joined by representatives from local/area birding groups, too!
* Have you ever wondered about how to get started in birding?
* Curious about what kinds of adaptations and modifications can be made for holding binoculars or a monocular, whether you are seated or standing?
* Want to learn about the latest in online/book resources for learning to identify birds, or join a local birding group to enjoy more birding opportunities?
* Braddock Bay is well-known as a bird mecca—but do you know how to navigate it to find the birds?
We will pack all of this into the workshop to get you started on a new adventure!
Perfect for families to learn about birding together! Great way to explore birding in an inclusive environment–people with I/DD and physical disabilities and those without. For first-timers and new-to-birding folks; great for families to explore this together.
There are a limited number of binoculars and monoculars to borrow for the event; bring your own if you have a pair!
Location: Braddock Bay Park, 199 E Manitou Rd, Rochester, NY 14612
Register at: https://forms.gle/fFVXBAPMoS6CafS36
* Please wear weather-appropriate clothing. It will most likely be chilly by dusk!
* Completing the Registration Form is required for participation. You can complete it online or on the day of the event at the event site. All participants must sign the Liability Waiver on site the day of the event.
We will follow COVID-19 safety protocols to ensure the safety of all guests, staff, and volunteers during the event. By registering for the event, you are agreeing to follow those measures at the time of the event. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe and healthy!
* If you need a Sign Language Interpreter, please complete the Registration Form and indicate your need in the appropriate question box by 5:00PM October 14th so we have time to arrange that.