DEC Climate Justice Working Group to Meet
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s (DEC) 13-member Climate Justice Working Group
(CJWG), established under the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA), will hold a meeting on Wednesday, Dec.14, 2022
. The Climate Justice Working Group is tasked with establishing criteria for identifying disadvantaged communities for the purposes of co-pollutant reductions, greenhouse gas emissions reductions, regulatory impact statements, and the allocation of investments pursuant to the CLCPA.
Discussion will include an analysis of public comments received on the draft disadvantaged communities criteria
. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or listen to the meeting via webcast. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and can be done by clicking the WebEx link below.
When: Wednesday, Dec. 14, 3 p.m. ET
Webinar password: welcome12.14.22 (93526631 from phones)
Audio: Dial 1-518-549-0500; Access code: 2332 018 2088
In-Person - Event locations, times, and partners include:
• Hydroelectric Boardroom, 1333 Broadway, Suite 300, New York, NY 10018 (*in the NY Green Bank space)
• New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) 17 Columbia Circle, Board Room, Albany, NY 12203
• DEC Region 5 Office, 1115 New York State Route 86, Ray Brook, NY 12977-0296
• DEC Region 8 Office, 6274 East Avon-Lima Rd., Avon, NY 14414
• DEC Region 9 Office, 700 Delaware Ave., Buffalo, NY 14209
This meeting will also be recorded and posted on the Climate Act website
within three days, or as soon as practicable.