Adopted Part 215 Open Fires
Emergency adoption effective date: July 13 through October 10, 2012
The Department amended 6 NYCRR Section 215.3(a) through an emergency rule to ensure public safety by expanding the high fire-risk burn ban period through October 10th. Data indicated that New York State was experiencing a high fire danger risk due to drier than normal conditions and the hot, dry weather will continue throughout most of the summer. As of July 13, 2012, there were five active fires in the New York municipalities of Richmondville, North Elba, Indian Lake, Caroga, and Chester; comprising a total of 18.8 acres. This rule is effective for 90 days; through October 10, 2012.
More about Adopted Part 215 Open Fires:
- Express Terms 6 NYCRR Part 215, Open Fires - The Department amended 6 NYCRR Part 215 through an emergency rule to ensure public safety by expanding the high fire-risk burn ban period through October 10th.
- Regulatory Impact Statement 6 NYCRR 215, Open Fires - A general overview of the regulation detailing, among other things, the statutory authority, need for and justification of the proposal, expected cost and recordkeeping/reporting impacts, and compliance schedule.
- Job Impact Statement 6 NYCRR Part 215, Open Fires - Necessary for all regulations affecting 100 or more jobs and employment opportunities, this document details the number and categories of jobs affected, regions of the state suffering a disproportionate impact, and measures taken to minimize any impact on jobs and employment opportunities.
- Rural Area Flexibility Analysis 6 NYCRR Part 215, Open Fires - Defined as counties with populations of fewer than 200,000 people and towns in non-rural counties where population density is less than 150 people per square mile, this must state any impacts or requirements imposed upon rural areas. This must also express opportunities provided for rural citizens, businesses or organizations to participate in the rulemaking.
- Regulatory Flexibility Analysis for Small Businesses and Local Governments 6 NYCRR Part 215, Open Fires - Consideration of, and steps taken by the Department, to minimize any negative impacts on small businesses (independently owned businesses wholly within New York State of 100 employees or fewer) or local governments. This includes an explanation of what opportunities were provided to these entities to participate in the rulemaking process.