A Commissioner Policy has department-level implications and warrants department-level attention for one or more of the following reasons:
- Affects more than one office
- Significantly affects one or more external or governmental entities
- Deals with an issue or process of extreme sensitivity
- Deals with an issue or process on which the Commissioner chooses to take a position or make a statement
More about Commissioner's Policies:
- Environmental Permits and Pollution Prevention Guidance Documents - Guidance documents for the New York State DEC Division of Environmental Permits and Pollution Prevention
- Commissioner Policy 29, Environmental Justice and Permitting - This policy provides guidance for incorporating environmental justice concerns into the DEC's environmental permit review process and the DEC application of the State Environmental Quality Review Act and also incorporates environmental justice concerns into some aspects of the DEC's enforcement program, grants program and public participation provisions.