Subpart 242-3: Permits
(Statutory authority: Environmental Conservation Law, §§ Environmental Conservation Law, §§ 1-0101, 1-0303, 3-0301, 11-0303, 11-0305, 11-0535, 13-0105, 15-0109, 15-1903, 16-0111, 17-0303, 19-0103, 19-0105, 19-0107, 19-0301, 19-0303, 19-0305, 24-0103, 25-0102, 34-0108, 49-0309, 71-2103, 71-2105; Energy Law, §§ 3-101, 3-103; Public Authorities Law, §§ 1850, 1851, 1854, 1855)
[Filed 11/27/13. Effective 30 days after filing.]
[This is page 1 of 1 of this Subpart. A complete list of Subparts in this regulation appears in the Chapter 3 contents page. A list of sections in this Subpart appears below.]
For administrative information about this posting, contact: Division of Air Resources. The Bureau of Air Quality Planning at (518) 402-8396 is the contact for technical questions pertaining to this rule.
- 242-3.1 General CO2 budget permit requirements
- 242-3.2 Submission of CO2 budget permit applications
- 242-3.3 Information requirements for CO2 budget permit applications
§242-3.1 General CO2 budget permit requirements
(a) Each CO2 budget source must have a permit issued by the department pursuant to Parts 201 and 621 of this Title.
(b) Each CO2 budget permit shall contain all applicable CO2 Budget Trading Program requirements and which shall be a complete and distinguishable portion of the permit under subdivision (a) of this section.
§242-3.2 Submission of CO2 budget permit applications
For any CO2 budget source, the CO2 authorized account representative shall submit a complete application for a facility operating permit or a modification to an existing facility operating permit in accordance with the provisions of Parts 201 and 621 of this Title and the requirements under section 242-3.3 of this Subpart.
§242-3.3 Information requirements for CO2 budget permit applications
(a) A complete CO2 budget permit application shall include the following elements concerning the CO2 budget source for which the application is submitted, in a format prescribed by the department:
(1) the information required in Part 201 of this Title shall be included in the CO2 budget permit application by the owner and/or operator of the CO2 budget source. Applications for modifications and revisions generally need only supply information related to the proposed change, provided such information includes a complete set of data on any emissions units affected by the modification and any facility level information required in forms developed by the department to properly ascertain the nature and extent of the modification.
(2) identification of the CO2 budget source, including plant name and the ORIS (Office of Regulatory Information Systems) or facility code assigned to the source by the Energy Information Administration of the United States Department of Energy, if applicable;
(3) identification of each CO2 budget unit at the CO2 budget source.