Part 60: Artificial Ponds
§60.1 Use of certain State-owned ponds and lakes
The overnight mooring or beaching of boats, the use of motors (either inboard or outboard), swimming and littering are prohibited in the following State-owned ponds and lakes.
(a) Basswood Pond: located on Otsego State Forest No. 6, Town of Burlington, Otsego County.
(b) Stony Pond: located on Madison State Forest No. 13, Town of Nelson, Madison County.
(c) Erwin Pond: located on the Erwin Game Management Area, Town of Erwin, Steuben County.
(d) Dryden Lake: located in the Town of Dryden, Tompkins County: electric motors are permitted.
(e) Papish Pond: located in the Town of Cincinnatus, Cortland County: electric motors are permitted.
(f) Mallett Pond: located on Schoharie State Forest No. 7, Town of Fulton, Schoharie County.
(g) Looking Glass Pond: located on Schoharie State Forest Nos. 4 and 6, Town of Fulton, Schoharie County.
§60.2 Use of Whitney Point Flood Control Reservoir
The following regulations for the use of the Whitney Point Flood Control Reservoir (a flood- control impoundment constructed and operated by the U.S. Corps of Engineers in the Town of Triangle in Broome County and managed for hunting, trapping, fishing and related activities by the Department of Environmental Conservation under license No. DA-63-98) shall be adopted.
(a) Hunting, trapping and fishing are permitted in accordance with the provisions of the Environmental Conservation Law and all pertinent regulations adopted by the department except that hunting, fishing and boating are prohibited within 400 feet upstream from the intake structure of the dam and within marked restricted zones.
(b) Swimming in the impoundment is prohibited except in areas that may be designated for such purpose.
(c) Waterskiing is prohibited.
(d) The use of boat motors in excess of 25 horsepower is prohibited.
(e) It is unlawful for any vessel to exceed 10 miles per hour at any time.
(f) The overnight mooring or beaching of boats is prohibited.
(g) Launching of boats at other than designated boat-launching areas is prohibited.
(h) The construction of permanent blinds, docks or other structures on lands or waters of the area is prohibited.
(i) Camping is prohibited except pursuant to written permission of the regional supervisor for natural resources or his agent.
(1) Vehicular use of roads posted against such use is prohibited.
(2) Off-road travel or use of motorcycles, motor scooters, mopeds, trail bikes, snowmobiles or any other motorized vehicles is prohibited except as specifically permitted by posted notice. Snowmobiles are permitted on the Whitney Point Reservoir impoundment when it is frozen.
(3) Where required by posted notice, parking will be confined to designated parking areas.
(4) No person may operate any motorized vehicle without a proper and effective exhaust muffler, or with an exhaust system cutout open, modified or ineffective in muffling the sound of engine exhaust.
(k) No fires are permitted except for cooking, warmth or smudge. No fire may be lighted until all flammable material surrounding it has been removed to the extent necessary to prevent its spread. No person may leave a fire unattended.
(l) No person may damage, remove or alter any public property including construction facilities, natural formations, historical or archaeological features, or vegative growth, without written permission of the regional supervisor for natural resources or his agent.
(m) All personal property must be removed from the area at the time of leaving the area.
(n) No person may enter property posted with "No Trespassing" signs, except pursuant to written permission of the regional supervisor for natural resources or his agent.
(1) No person may discard or deposit any trash, waste or litter on lands or waters, except in waste receptacles when provided for such purposes.
(2) No person may dispose of household or commercial garbage, trash, sewage or dead animals of any kind on the area.
(p) Grazing by domestic animals is prohibited except pursuant to written permission of the regional supervisor for natural resources or his agent.