Published six times a year, Conservationist is a New York State-focused magazine that is packed with informative and entertaining articles, first-rate photography and stunning artwork. Articles cover a broad range of environmental and natural history related topics, including fishing, hiking, recreation, travel, hunting, and nature studies. Check out our latest issue below.
Highlights of the August issue:
- Meet some of New York's dragonflies and damselflies
- Take a trip on the Bronx River
- Experience the emergency landing of U.S. Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River
- Dig for clams on Long Island
- Learn about New York's parasitic plants
- Explore the geology of Lake Ontario's south shore beaches
And much more!
Conservationist connects New Yorkers to nature!
For back issues, please note: Back issues of Conservationist are now available online at the New York State Library. Not all years are available yet, but more are in the process of being added, and this will eventually be a complete archive. To view the available issues, go to the New York State Library Conservationist Archive. If it asks you to login, choose "Guest" and then follow the Conservationist Archive link again. If you are looking for a specific article and cannot find it, please email us and we will help you find it.