Published six times a year, Conservationist is a New York State-focused magazine that is packed with informative and entertaining articles, first-rate photography and stunning artwork. Articles cover a broad range of environmental and natural history related topics, including fishing, hiking, recreation, travel, hunting, and nature studies. Check out our latest issue below.
Highlights of the February issue:
- Read a first-hand account of a harrowing mountain rescue
- Wonder at the beauty of New York State in winter
- Learn about the renewal of the Buffalo River
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with maple syrup
- Teach a dog to search for shed antlers
- Celebrate the accomplishments of Trees for Tribs
- Keep track of nature's seasonal changes
And much more!
Conservationist connects New Yorkers to nature!
For back issues, please note: Back issues of Conservationist are now available online at the New York State Library. Not all years are available yet, but more are in the process of being added, and this will eventually be a complete archive. To view the available issues, go to the New York State Library Conservationist Archive. If it asks you to login, choose "Guest" and then follow the Conservationist Archive link again. If you are looking for a specific article and cannot find it, please email us and we will help you find it.