Published six times a year, Conservationist is a New York State-focused magazine that is packed with informative and entertaining articles, first-rate photography and stunning artwork. Articles cover a broad range of environmental and natural history related topics, including fishing, hiking, recreation, travel, hunting, and nature studies. Check out our latest issue below.
In the June 2016 issue:
- Enjoy a photo spread of young wildlife
- Read how Mercy College connects students to their local environment
- Learn more about helping monarch butterflies
- Explore the history of the Lake George Marine Patrol
- Read about two brothers becoming lost in the Adirondacks
- Teach kids to fish
- Discover piping plovers nesting on the Lake Ontario shore
- Take a ride on the Brookfield horse trail system
And much more!
Conservationist connects New Yorkers to nature!
For back issues, please note: Back issues of Conservationist are now available online at the New York State Library. Not all years are available yet, but more are in the process of being added, and this will eventually be a complete archive. To view the available issues, go to the New York State Library Conservationist Archive. If it asks you to login, choose "Guest" and then follow the Conservationist Archive link again. If you are looking for a specific article and cannot find it, please email us and we will help you find it.