Published six times a year, Conservationist is a New York State-focused magazine that is packed with informative and entertaining articles, first-rate photography and stunning artwork. Articles cover a broad range of environmental and natural history related topics, including fishing, hiking, recreation, travel, hunting, and nature studies. Check out our latest issue below.
In the August 2014 issue:
- Enjoy New York's wildlife through the photography of Melissa Groo
- Celebrate Smokey Bear's 70th birthday
- Read how brook trout have returned to Brooktrout Lake
- Visit several Central New York historic sites
- Go on a botanical treasure hunt for the small whorled pogonia
- Experience the thrill and hazards of wildland firefighting
- Celebrate Thacher State Park's 100th anniversary
Conservationist connects New Yorkers to nature!