New York State DEC/EFC Wastewater Infrastructure Engineering Planning Grant
The application period for this program is now closed.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, in cooperation with the New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation have made up to $2 million available in 2014 for municipalities that need to construct or improve their municipal wastewater system. Grant funds can be used to pay for engineering and/or consultant fees for engineering and planning services for the production of an engineering report. Municipalities can apply for the funding through the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA). Individual grants will be up to $50,000 and municipalities will have to provide a 20% match.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a complete engineering report within 9 months of their grant agreement being executed. The engineering report will be used when seeking financing through the CWSRF program or other financial means to further pursue the identified solution.
- Municipalities (as defined in 21 NYCRRR 2602 New York State Clean Water Revolving Fund Regulations); and
- Median household income (MHI) of the municipality is equal to or less than $65,000 according to the United States Census 2010
To access the 2010 Census Data:
- Click on the link to the United States Census 2010 in the right hand column under "Important Links"
- Follow the directions to navigate to census data for your community.
To help navigate the 2010 Census website to find your community's data, DEC developed instructions on How to Find 2010 Census Data for the Engineering Planning Grant (PDF, 127 KB).
Funding will be available to municipalities for the development of engineering reports and planning efforts. In accordance with the laws, rules and regulations governing the CWSRF, projects eligible under Section 212 (Publicly Owned Treatment Works) of the federal Clean Water Act must be publicly-owned.
Funding will not be provided for:
- Projects that do not lead to the restoration or protection of a surface waterbody;
- Projects already listed on the annual CWSRF Intended Use Plan;
- Construction costs for the wastewater treatment and/or collection systems.
More about New York State DEC/EFC Wastewater Infrastructure Engineering Planning Grant :
- New York State DEC/EFC Wastewater Infrastructure Engineering Planning Grant - FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the CWSRF Engineering Planning Grant.