Acknowledgement of Funding Source
Communications to the Public
The Department will require that grant recipients acknowledge in any communication to the public that funding was provided from the Environmental Protection Fund and include the following:
- Source of Funding: NYS Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) administered by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC)
- Project Name and Project Sponsor
WQIP Signage Requirements
The Department will require project signs for all projects meeting the following criteria:
- All Wastewater Treatment Improvement Projects
- Nonpoint Source Abatement and Control and Aquatic Habitat Restoration grant awards totaling more than $50,000.
All signs should be constructed in accordance with the specifications identified in Attachment 1.
The Department may, in its discretion, waive this requirement if the sign cannot be reasonable maintained, the sign is not consistent with other laws, or the location of the sign would not provide a public purpose.
The project sign should be maintained from the start of construction until 90 days after the closeout of the project.
The cost of the project sign is a reimbursable project cost and should be included in the materials category for the project budget.
Environmental Protection Fund Project Sign Specifications
Example of an EPF project sign
Size: Horizontal format - 48" wide by 24" high.
Construction Materials: Aluminum blank sign boards with vinyl sheeting.
Inserts: "Project Name," "Local Project Sponsor" indicate position, size and topography
for specific project names and sponsor to be inserted.
- Copy surrounding DEC logo - "NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION" - PMS 355
- DEC logo: Process Blue & PMS 355 Green
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation: PMS 301
- Water Quality Improvement Project: PMS 301
- Environmental Protection Fund: PMS 301
- Project Name/Local Project Sponsor: PMS 355
Type Specifications: All type is Caslon 540, with the exception of the logo type. Format is: center each line of copy with small caps and initial caps.
Production Notes: 48" wide x 24" high aluminum blanks will be covered with vinyl sheeting to achieve background color. Copy and logo will be silk screened on this surface.
Time Period: From start of Construction until 90 days after closeout of the project.
Grant recipients must provide a project name, the local project sponsor to be inserted on the sign.