Water Quality Improvement Project Program
Governor Cuomo has announced a total of 134 grants being awarded through the State's Water Quality Improvement Program, a competitive grant program funded primarily by the Environmental Protection Fund and NY Works. See the full list of projects receiving funding (PDF) 109 KB .
Announcement of Funding
The Governor has announced funding for Round 11 of the WQIP program totaling more than $39.5 million for 134 projects. See Governor Cuomo's press release. The WQIP Round 11 Awards List (PDF, 109 kB) provides key information about each funded project. DEC received over 200 applications totaling more than $147 million. DEC will directly contact each awardee.
Overview of the WQIP Program
DEC supports water quality improvements through the Water Quality Improvement Project (WQIP) Statewide Grant Program. The WQIP program is a competitive, reimbursement grant program that directs funds from the New York State Environmental Protection Fund to projects that reduce polluted runoff, improve water quality and restore habitat in New York's waterbodies.
- Municipal Corporations
- Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Not for Profit Corporations
Eligible Project Types
- Nonagricultural Nonpoint Source Abatement and Control (NPS)
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment (WWT)
- Aquatic Habitat Restoration (AHR)
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4)
Wastewater treatment plant
All questions should be submitted via e-mail to User.Water@dec.ny.gov
More about Water Quality Improvement Project Program:
- Regional Contacts for Water Quality Improvement Projects - Contact list for assistance with Water Quality Improvement Projects.
- FAQs for WQIP Round 11 - Answers to questions about WQIP Round 11.
- Process for Successful WQIP Applicants - Steps for the grant recipient to follow that should be used as a guide to help with the contracting process.
- WQIP Documents and Forms - Information and forms for funded water quality improvement projects: workplans, municipal resolution, self-certification forms, M/WBE, sample contracts.
- WQIP Document Archive - Information on previous rounds of funding for the Water Quality Improvement Project program. This is for informational reference purposes only.