Water Quality Improvement Project Program
The application period for this program is closed. Applications are currently under review. Successful applicants will be notified of awards in writing
Funding is available for municipalities, soil and water conservation districts and non-profit organizations. The WQIP program is a competitive, reimbursement grant program funded primarily by the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) for projects that reduce polluted runoff, improve water quality and restore habitat in New York's waterbodies.
Application Materials - WQIP Round 11
Information for Applicants (PDF) (1.1 MB)
Application for State Assistance (PDF) (1.35 MB) - This form has been optimized for use with Adobe Acrobat or Reader version 9.1 or later. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader FREE on Adobe's web site.
Hard copies of the application materials are also available by calling (518) 402-8267 if you are unable to download the documents.
- Municipal Corporations
- Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Not for Profit Corporations
Eligible Project Types
- Nonagricultural Nonpoint Source Abatement and Control (NPS)
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment (WWT)
- Aquatic Habitat Restoration (AHR)
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4)
Applicants must send one (1) signed hard copy plus one (1) electronic copy in Adobe PDF format. The electronic copy should include a copy of the signed cover letter. Applications must be postmarked and e-mailed by December 13, 2013. We are unable to accept hand delivered or facsimile applications.
Wastewater treatment plant
Hard copies should be sent to:
Attention: Water Quality Improvement Projects
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Division of Water
625 Broadway, 4th Floor
Albany, New York 12233-3507
Electronic copies should be e-mailed to:
If your file is too large to be e-mailed, include a copy on compact-disc with the hard copy of your application.
More about Water Quality Improvement Project Program:
- Regional Contacts for Water Quality Improvement Projects - Contact list for assistance with Water Quality Improvement Projects.
- FAQs for WQIP Round 11 - Answers to questions about WQIP Round 11.
- Process for Successful WQIP Applicants - Steps for the grant recipient to follow that should be used as a guide to help with the contracting process.
- WQIP Documents and Forms - Information and forms for funded water quality improvement projects: workplans, municipal resolution, self-certification forms, M/WBE, sample contracts.
- WQIP Document Archive - Information on previous rounds of funding for the Water Quality Improvement Project program. This is for informational reference purposes only.