Water Quality Improvement Project Program
WQIP Round 12
The WQIP Round 12 awards have been announced.
Governor Cuomo Announces Water Quality Improvement Project (WQIP) Grants
On December 10, 2015, Governor Cuomo announced awards for Round 5 of the Regional Economic Development Council (REDC) competition (leaving DEC website) that supports economic development, strategic plan implementation and job creation across New York State.
As part of Round 5 of the REDC competition, the DEC awarded $32,997,175 for 71 projects from the Water Quality Improvement Project (WQIP) Grants program.
The WQIP Round 12 Award List (PDF, 64 KB) provides key information about each funded project. A complete list of grants awarded through the REDC initiative can be found on the Regional Economic Development Councils website (leaving DEC website).
Successful Applicant Requirements
Successful applicants will need to provide information necessary to develop a State of New York Master Contract for Grants (MCG) within the NYS Grants Gateway System (leaving DEC website) and will be required to comply with its terms and conditions. The Water Quality Improvement Project Program MCG is available for review.
Overview of the WQIP Program
DEC supports water quality improvements through the Water Quality Improvement Project (WQIP) Statewide Grant Program. The WQIP program is a competitive, reimbursement grant program that directs funds from the New York State Environmental Protection Fund to projects that reduce polluted runoff, improve water quality and restore habitat in New York's waterbodies.
- Municipal Corporations
- Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Not for Profit Corporations
Eligible Project Types
- Nonagricultural Nonpoint Source Abatement and Control (NPS)
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment (WWT)
- Aquatic Habitat Restoration (AHR)
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4)
- All municipalities and soil and water conservation districts must register in the NYS Grants Gateway System (leaving DEC website) to be eligible for this grant.
- All not-for-profits must register and prequalify in the NYS Grants Gateway System (leaving DEC website) to be eligible for this grant.
For more information, including user guides and tutorial videos on how to register and prequalify, visit NYS Grants Reform (leaving DEC website).
Wastewater treatment plant
All questions should be submitted via e-mail to User.Water@dec.ny.gov.
More about Water Quality Improvement Project Program:
- Regional Contacts for Water Quality Improvement Projects - Contact list for assistance with Water Quality Improvement Projects.
- FAQs for WQIP - Answers to questions about WQIP Round 12.
- Process for Successful WQIP Applicants - Steps for the grant recipient to follow that should be used as a guide to help with the contracting process.
- WQIP Documents and Forms - ROUND 11 (2013) - Information and forms for funded water quality improvement projects: workplans, municipal resolution, self-certification forms, M/WBE, sample contracts.
- WQIP Documents and Forms - ROUND 12 (2015) - Information and forms for funded water quality improvement projects: work plans, municipal resolution, self-certification forms, M/WBE, sample contracts - ROUND 12.
- WQIP Document Archive - Information on previous rounds of funding for the Water Quality Improvement Project program. This is for informational reference purposes only.