How to Find Publications
Use the links below under "More About Publications Locator" or on the left to see a list of publications available on that topic.
DEC's online publications are in PDF or HTML format. For PDFs, check the file size shown - a large file may take a few minutes to download. Click on the link to the publication. Once it is up on your screen, you can print it.
Hard copies of some posters and publications may be available. If you see an "Order a Copy" link next to the title, click on that link. A blank e-mail will appear. Type in the publication title along with your name and mailing address, and hit "send." Your order will go directly to the appropriate DEC program. If no link is shown in the order column please call the division responsible for the publication to request a printout.
More about Publications:
- Color Brochures and Posters of NY Natural Resources - The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has created many color brochures and original posters depicting various wildlife species and habitats in New York State. These pieces were originally published in the Department's award-winning magazine the Conservationist.
- Outdoor Recreation Publications - Brochures and publications related to hunting, trapping, fishing, boating, camping and places to go.
- Chemical and Pollution Control Publications - Informational brochures are available on a variety of topics pertaining to air pollution,acid rain, water quality, brownfields, chemical storage, waste management, recycling, pesticides, radiation, mercury and pollution prevention.
- Environmental Education Publications - Publications about Environmental Education, including Environmental Education Centers, Environmental Education Camps, Becoming an Outdoorswoman, Resources for Teachers and Students.
- Animals, Plants and Aquatic Life Publications - Information and color brochures about mammals, birds, freshwater fishes, marine life, plants and injured sick or distressed animals
- Lands and Waters Publications - Publications about Forests, Open Space, Oceans and Estuaries, Wetlands, Dams, Water Conservation and Mined Land Reclamation
- Energy Publications - Publications about New York's regulation of oil, gas and solution mining, and other regulated well types.
- Permits and Licenses Publications - Publications regarding permits, SEQR, and Sporting Licenses.