Grassland LIP Grants: At-Risk Species
|Horned Lark||Special Concern||X||X|
|Vesper Sparrow||Special Concern||X|
|Grasshopper Sparrow||S4||Special Concern||X|
|Eastern Meadowlark||S5||not listed*||X|
|Savannah Sparrow||S5||not listed*||X|
Footnote 1: Natural Heritage Program Status:
- S2: Typically 6 to 20 occurrences; few remaining individuals, acres, or miles of stream, or factors demonstrably making it very vulnerable in New York State.
- S3: Typically 21 to 100 occurrences; limited acreage or miles of stream in New York State.
- S4: Apparently secure in New York State.
- S5: Demonstrably secure in New York State.
* Although these species are native grassland birds that are fairly widespread and abundant in New York, they are still included as target species due to significant population declines in recent years and because they share similar grassland habitat as the more threatened species.