Photo: DEC photo
Conservationist Magazine Contest and Promotion Rules
1. Entry: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by submitting the name of the location as a comment to the Facebook post. Void where prohibited.
2. Eligibility This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. Winner Selection: Employees of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation will administer the contest. The contest will be conducted on an intermittent basis, each time beginning with the posting of a question and concluding with an announced time. The winner will be chosen at random from all correct answers posted. Odds of winning in any contest depend on the number of correct answers received for that drawing segment.
4. Prizes: Winners will receive a one year subscription to Conservationist magazine valued at $12. One prize will be awarded each time the contest is in effect. DEC may run an unlimited number of contests or none, in its sole discretion.
5. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date via email. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. Eligibility: Winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Use of Contest Information: The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. Not Endorsed by Facebook: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
9. Conduct: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its website or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. Limitations of Liability: The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
11. Winners List: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Office of Communications Services, 625 Broadway, Albany, New York 12233-4500.
12. Authority: New York State Environmental Conservation Law (ECL Sec. 3-0301[y]) authorizes DEC to engage in games, contests or other promotions intended to assist in the development of the subscriber base of Conservationist magazine.