Environmental Justice Hotline and Links
Environmental Justice Hotline
You can call and speak with staff in the Office of Environmental Justice toll-free from anywhere in New York State.
The Office of Environmental Justice Toll-Free Number is: 1-866-229-0497
Hours of Live Operation: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, or leave a message and we will return your call.
What Topics Can I Call the Hotline for?
- Information on the NYSDEC Environmental Justice Program
- Environmental issues in minority or low-income communities
- Information on environmental laws, regulations, policies, permitting and enforcement related to Environmental Justice
- Grant opportunity information
Please Note: The purpose of this hotline is to serve minority and low-income communities. It is not intended as a hotline for general environmental information unrelated to issues of Environmental Justice. Please consult the list of phone numbers and addresses for other NYSDEC programs to determine who to contact.
State Environmental Justice Programs
- Environmental Council of States Information on all 50 States' Environmental agencies
- Environmental Justice For All: A Fifty-State Survey Of Legislation, Policies, and Cases (4th edition)
University of California Hastings College of Law, 2010 provides general information on state environmental justice programs.
Federal Environmental Justice Programs
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Environmental Justice Hotline: 1-800-962-6215
- USEPA National Environmental Justice Program
- National Environmental Justice Advisory Council
- U.S. Department of Transportation Environmental Justice Program
National and International Organizations Working in Environmental Justice
For information on local and regional environmental organizations in New York State, please see DEC's extensive directory.
- African American Environmentalist Association
- Environmental Justice Foundation
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Natural Resource Defense Council
- Right-to-Know Network
- Sierra Club Environmental Justice Program