DEC Outdoor Discovery
Explore New York's wild side with a monthly e-newsletter featuring the some of the state's top outdoor adventures. DEC experts reveal where to find the most majestic autumn vistas, the best winter camping, the most family-friendly nature walks and more! Each issue includes a statewide calendar of events and features like Nature Notes, Watchable Wildlife and Hike of the Month.
Subscribe to Outdoor Discovery
Subscribe for free today and discover New York's spectacular, exciting, enchanting outdoors!
- First, subscribe to GovDelivery by entering your email address.
- On the "New Subscriber" page, fill in and submit the requested information.
- On the "Quick Subscription" page, you will see all the topics that you can receive email updates on from DEC.
- Check the box next to "Outdoor Discovery Monthly e-Newsletter" under the "Outdoor Recreational and Commercial Activities" category. Check the boxes next to any other topics that interest you too!
- You will receive a welcome email from DEC confirming your subscription(s).
We invite reader suggestions, and hope you will share your favorite hiking spot, recreation activity or outdoor tip with us. Send us an email with your thoughts.
In the May issue:
- Hiking Labrador Hollow
- Watchable Wildlife at Upper and Lower Lakes Wildlife Management Area
- Fishing for Crappie
- Canoeing Meacham Lake
-- And much more!