Community Air Screen Program
What is the Community Air Screen program?
This community-based program works with volunteers from local communities to screen for toxic air pollutants in order to begin to address some local air quality concerns. The goal of the Community Air Screen program is for community groups and citizens to partner with DEC to collect local-scale air samples.
DEC releases more Community Air Screen sampling results!
What's in the report?
The reports discuss the sampling and methods that were used to evaluate the sampling results. Technical appendices were added to include information on controlling air pollution sources as well as the uses, sources and potential exposure to Community Air Screen air toxics for people interested in knowing more about air toxics and how they are regulated in New York. To learn more, several reports for sampling in various counties are available below.
We'll be Busy Working on Projects
Of the 42 applications received, the following 22 applications were selected statewide:
Other Communities Participating in Citizen Sampling Programs
- Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency - Citizen Air Sampling Program (See right column "Links Leaving DEC's website")
- Western Australia, Department of Environment and Conservation - Community Air Sampling Program (See right column "Links Leaving DEC's website")
- See our program overview
- Air toxics measured in this program
- EPA's Guide to Community Sampling (see right column "Links Leaving DEC's website")
More about Community Air Screen Program:
- Completed Community Air Screen Reports - A complete report of sampling results for each community will be posted here as they become available.
- Community Air Screen Program Overview - More details about the Community Air Screen program.
- Pollutants Measured in the Community Air Screen Program - List of air toxics measured in this program.
- What to Know About Sampling for the Community Air Screen Program - Information about the equipment and procedures to end up with good results
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Community Air Screen Program - Additional information on the Community Air Screen Program