Community Air Screen Program
What is the Community Air Screen program?
This community-based program worked with volunteers from local communities to screen for toxic air pollutants in order to begin to address some local air quality concerns. The goal of the Community Air Screen program was for community groups and citizens to partner with DEC to collect local-scale air samples. The initial program was launched in April 2012 and ended in 2014.
DEC renews the Community Air Screen in 2017! Contact us if you would like to be on our mailing list for information about the renewal.
About the Previous Program
The initial Community Air Screen Program had 22 participants across the State. The table below lists the participants. Contact us to obtain a copy of the report detailing the results for previous participants.
|County||Organization or Individual|
|Albany||Clean Air Neighborhoods|
|Dutchess||Marta Knapp - Poughkeepsie|
|Erie||Commodore Perry Tenant Council|
|Franklin & St. Lawrence||Akwesasne Task Force on the Environment|
|Kings||The Harmony Park Health Initiative|
|Prospect Park Quiet Skies & SAVE Bed Stuyvesant Community Organization|
|Niagara||Highland Community Revitalization Committee|
|Onondaga||Partnership of Council of Park Friends for Clark Reservation
and Jamesville Positive Action Committee (JamPAC)
|Ontario & Seneca||Partnership of Finger Lakes Zero Waste Coalition, Inc and
Concerned Citizens of Seneca County
|Queens||Eastern Queens Alliance|
|Jackson Heights Beautification Group|
|Locust Grove Civic Association|
|United Community Civic Association|
|Suffolk County||Brookhaven Village Association & South Yaphank Civic Association
|Medford Taxpayers & Civic Association|
|Joseph Dispigno - West Babylon|
|Partnership of Kings Park Civic Association, San Remo Civic Association,
and Commack Community Association
|Ulster||City of Kingston Parks and Recreation|
|Warren||Heather Shoudy Brechko and Jason Brechko - Glens Falls|
Ms. Randi Walker - Program Manager
Albany, NY 12233
More about Community Air Screen Program:
- Completed Community Air Screen Reports - A complete report of 2017 sampling results for each community will be posted here as they become available.
- Community Air Screen Program Overview - More details about the Community Air Screen program.
- Pollutants Measured in the Community Air Screen Program - List of air toxics measured in this program.
- What to Know About Sampling for the Community Air Screen Program - Information about the equipment and procedures to end up with good results
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Community Air Screen Program - Additional information on the Community Air Screen Program