Conservation Innovation Award
Acknowledging Innovative Accomplishments
The year 2011 marks the 100-year anniversary of the original Conservation Department (not to be confused with the 1994 centennial celebration of the Forest, Fish and Game Commission -- read more about the history of DEC). On this centennial year, the Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources Director, Patricia Riexinger, has launched the Conservation Innovation Award to celebrate and recognize staff in their innovative delivery of fish, wildlife and marine resources conservation programs.
Candidates for the award must meet the following requirements:
- Creativity in the delivery of day-to-day programs, in such a way that demonstrates a commitment to moving programs forward through continuous improvement. This is focused on innovative evolution.
- Extraordinary innovation in solving a specific problem or challenge. This is focused on creative problem-solving.
Click on the links below to view the awardees and read a brief description on their innovative accomplishments!
- Conservation and Restoration of the Eastern Hellbender
- Wild Turkey Gobbler Survival Study
- Lake Ontario Deepwater Fisheries Science Program