Updates and News from the Office of Environmental Justice
The Environmental Justice Report
Welcome to The Environmental Justice Report! The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Office of Environmental Justice (OEJ) produces this newsletter to keep residents informed of initiatives within the agency that are important to the community.
- May 2016: Environmental Justice Report- Newsletter (PDF, 3.18 MB)
- December 2015: Environmental Justice Report - Spanish Newsletter (PDF, 293 KB)
- December 2015: Environmental Justice Report - English Newsletter (PDF, 463 KB)
- September 2015: Environmental Justice Report - Newsletter (PDF, 1.05 MB)
- April 2015: Environmental Justice Report - Newsletter (PDF, 426 KB)
- Inaugural Issue: Environmental Justice Report - Newsletter (PDF, 715 KB)
DEC Proposes Changes on Air Regulation - 6 NYCRR Subpart 225-2, Fuel Composition and Use - Waste Oils as a Fuel
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) Division of Air Resources is responsible for maintaining the air quality throughout the state. We do so, partly, by issuing permits to facilities and taking enforcement actions against those that violate the conditions of their permit. Likewise, we have various New York codes, rules and regulations that outline standards facilities must abide by.
One of the regulations pertaining to air resources and burning fuel is called 6 NYCRR Part 225-2, Fuel Composition and Use - Waste Fuels. DEC is proposing an overhaul of this regulation by simplifying the language and making it easier to implement. Proposed 6 NYCRR Subpart 225-2 will continue to affect facilities all across the state including those in environmental justice communities. Some of the major changes to this regulation are highlighted below: