How to Become a Be Green Course Provider
Be Green Organic Yards NY course providers are an important part of the program. Course providers will deliver the initial day-long basic training, which businesses must complete before participating in the program. They will also provide 4 hours of of continuing education that Be Green businesses must take every two years.
Course providers enter a service mark agreement with the NYSDEC for the right to use the Be Green service mark when providing services in accordance with the conditions in the agreement. All of the "basics" about Be Green courses are contained in the agreement, such as curricular and instructor requirements and procedural steps (for example, course rosters).
Help make this organic land care program a success. DEC encourages course providers to participate in Be Green. If you are interested in becoming a provider, see the helpful instructions on how to apply for a Be Green agreement. The service mark agreement and forms incorporated by reference into the agreement are available on this website and include:
- Service Mark Agreement for Course Providers in PDF (91.0 KB)
Service Mark Agreement for Course Providers in Microsoft Word (1.08 MB)
- Course and Exam Application in PDF (61.3 KB)
Course and Exam Application in Microsoft Word (1.06 MB)
- Instructor Application in PDF (44.4 KB)
Instructor Application in Microsoft Word (1.04 MB)
- Basic Training Course Roster in PDF (35.7 KB)
Basic Training Course Roster in Microsoft Word (1.05 MB)
- Continuing Education Course Roster in PDF (50.1 KB)
Continuing Education Course Roster in Microsoft Word (1.05 MB)
Assistance for Course Providers
More about How to Become a Be Green Course Provider:
- Instructions for Course Providers to Apply for the Service Mark Agreement - Assistance for Course Providers when applying for a Service Mark License Agreement for Be Green Organic Yards NY.
- Questions and Answers for Course Providers - Answers to questions Course Providers may have about responsibilities as a Be Green participant and the application process.