DEC publishes a number of newsletters on various topics. Some are targeted to specific audiences, while others are appropriate for families. The following list of some of our most popular newsletters will help you find a DEC newsletter that's right for you.
- DEC Outdoor Discovery - a monthly newsletter highlighting nature and outdoor recreation in New York. In it you will find the most majestic vistas, the best summer camping, the most family-friendly nature walks, and more!
- Freshwater Fisheries Insider - a quarterly newsletter keeping New York's anglers up-to-date with information on fishing in New York, and what DEC is doing to improve the state's fisheries
- Hudson River Almanac - a natural history journal that covers the Hudson from the High Peaks of the Adirondacks to New York Harbor
- Environmental Notice Bulletin - a weekly compilation of legal notices
- Making Waves - a weekly newsletter regarding water issues in New York State
Subscribe to DEC's newsletters
You can subscribe to any of the above newsletters, as well as receive email updates on nearly all aspects of DEC's work, using the DEC Delivers service. Just enter your e-mail address in the box above and submit.
This will take you to the "Quick Subscription" page where you will see all the topics that you can receive email updates on. Check the boxes next to the topic that you are interested in. You will receive a welcome email from DEC confirming your subscription(s).