For Release: Friday, April 25, 2014
Media Advisory: DEC Reopens Seasonal State Forest Access Roads in Chautauqua County
Roads Temporarily Closed Due to Wet Spring Conditions Now Open
Due to improved weather conditions, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) reopened seasonal state forest access roads in Chautauqua County. The roads were temporarily closed last month during wet spring weather conditions in an effort to protect public safety.
The re-opened roads include:
- North Harmony State Forest - Snake Forest Road
- Stockton State Forest - Blackman Forest Road
- Boutwell Hill State Forest - Arab Hill Forest Road
- Hatch Creek State forest - North Forest Road, South Forest Road, Hodge Forest Road
- Whalen Memorial State Forest - Whalen Forest Road
- Harris Hill State Forest - Sprague Forest Road
- Brokenstraw State Forest - Brokenstraw Forest Road
- Hill Higher State Forest- Hill Higher Forest Road
- Pine Hill State Forest - Hotchkiss Forest Road
For the most current updates regarding state forest road closures, please call DEC's Forestry office at (716) 363-2052. Updates are also available on DEC website's List of State Forests by clicking on the appropriate state forest name.