Q 2 - Short EAF (Part 1) Agency Approvals
Short Environmental Assessment Form Workbook
Does the proposed action require a permit, approval or funding from any other governmental Agency?
If Yes, list agency(s) name and permit or approval:
This question asks the applicant or project sponsor to identify all the different agencies that have a role in permitting, approving or funding their project. Identification of all agencies that must approve of, or fund a project is very important because it will:
- Help make the approval process more efficient and consistent.
- Help the lead agency determine if a coordinated review will be required, and if so, which agencies need to be contacted to establish a lead agency.
- Help ensure that applicants do not miss any important steps in the review and approval process.
- Help the lead agency understand all the public funding commitments possible or needed for the project.
Many unlisted actions will need approvals such as subdivision, site plan or special use permits from the local municipality. NYS and County Departments of Transportation may require road access and design approval before a new road or driveway is built.
Answering the Question
If you know what other approvals, permits or funding your project will need, check the 'yes' box and then list the names of each in the space provided.
If you do not know what other approvals, permits or funding your project will need, this information may be found out by contacting one of the following:
- Local building inspector or zoning enforcement officer
- Local town, village or city municipal office, and/or
- Local planning board or zoning board of appeals chair, clerk, or secretary