Under the Uniform Procedures Act, the Department may issue General Permits to allow similar types of work not unique to a particular location. Such work may be the result of natural disasters or extraordinary weather, or for other activities that have been determined not to have a significant impact on the environment.
This page provides links to General Permits available to the public for various activities.
- Groundwater discharge of treated sanitary waste of 1,000 to 10,000 gallons per day (gpd) per outfall, and less than 30,000 gpd for the facility.
- Removal and replacement of a functional and lawfully existing bulkhead (including returns and parallel capping boardwalks) in the same location as the existing bulkhead. This General Permit is for work in areas on the south shore of Long Island.
- The placement, construction, maintenance and removal of temporary stream crossings for the purposes of timber harvesting only.
- Activities in currently disturbed areas, located further than 50 feet from the freshwater wetland boundary.
Removal or Modification of Recent Beaver Dams - General Permit
- Modification or removal of recently established beaver dams no more than 2 years old GP 0-06-001 (PDF) (574 KB).
For other General Permits, refer to these web pages:
- Regional Environmental Permits Information pages
- Storm Recovery Permits page
- Stormwater page
- State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) page
More about General Permits:
- PCI General Permit - SPDES General Permit for groundwater discharge of treated sanitary waste of 1,000 to 10,000 gallons per day (gpd) per outfall, and less than 30,000 gpd per facility
- General Permit for Bulkhead Removal and Replacement - This general permit is for removal and replacement of functional and lawfully existing bulkheads in the same location. It is available for use on the south shore of Nassau County and Suffolk County west of the Robert Moses Causeway, excluding areas of vegetated tidal wetlands, any ocean shore, the ocean front of Long Beach Island, and all of the Jones Beach State Park and Robert Moses State Park barrier islands.
- General Permits for Stream Crossings for Timber Harvesting - This page contains two general permits for the placement, construction, maintenance and removal of temporary stream crossings for the purposes of timber harvesting only.
- Freshwater Wetland Adjacent Area General Permit, GP-0-13-001 - This page contains information and links for the Freshwater Wetland Adjacent Area General Permit.