Under the Uniform Procedures Act, the Department may issue General Permits to allow similar types of work not unique to a particular location. Such work may be the result of natural disasters or extraordinary weather, or for other activities that have been determined not to have a significant impact on the environment.
This page provides links to General Permits available to the public for various activities.
- The placement, construction, maintenance and removal of temporary stream crossings for the purposes of timber harvesting only.
- Activities in currently disturbed areas, located further than 50 feet from the freshwater wetland boundary.
Removal or Modification of Recent Beaver Dams - General Permit
- Modification or removal of recently established beaver dams no more than 2 years old GP 0-06-001 (PDF) (574 KB).
For other General Permits, refer to these web pages:
- Regional Environmental Permits Information pages
- Storm Recovery Permits page
- Stormwater page
- State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) page
More about General Permits:
- General Permits for Stream Crossings for Timber Harvesting - This page contains two general permits for the placement, construction, maintenance and removal of temporary stream crossings for the purposes of timber harvesting only.
- Freshwater Wetland Adjacent Area General Permit, GP-0-13-001 - This page contains information and links for the Freshwater Wetland Adjacent Area General Permit.