Checklist for BUD Submissions
Information Needed in Coversheet for each BUD Project Submission
- Project name
- Landowner of project
- Address of project
- Block and lot numbers for project location
- Project Manager
- Mailing address
- Phone numbers (work and cell)
- E-mail address
- Project description, including use of proposed materials
- Is the IMPORT site located in an ecologically sensitive area?
- Amount of material needs for use (___________ cubic yards)
- SOURCE of Material information
- Block and lot numbers of the source material
- Is the proposed material 95% or more sand? (yes or no)
- Is the source material (yes or no):
- native soil?
- historical fill?
- mixed with other materials? (If yes, what other materials?)
- waste products from industry? (If yes, what industry?)
- from a brownfields site?
- dredged materials?
- unknown soils?
- other? (Please list.)
- Time frame for this BUD petition:
- Start date:
- End date:
Paper Attachments Needed
(an environmental professional may be necessary to answer some of the following)
- Project site map
- Location map
- Summary of environmental investigations of both the SOURCE site and the IMPORT site. For dredged materials, this is only necessary for the SOURCE site.
- Summary of the chemical results, including columns from the table Part 375-6.8(b) Protection of Public Health-Residential and Protection of Groundwater compounds and color-code values in excess of either column in red.
- Plan for receiving site on the specifics of where and how much BUD materials will be used. The site management plan will have this information.
- Any available test for the sizes of the material (gravel/sand/silt/clay) (usually the sieve data using a Wentworth scale).
- If the material is dredged materials and are less than 95% sand, where will it be amended?:
- What is the minimal percentage of optimal moisture and shear strength? This requires a licensed professional engineer to be consulted and to sign off on this information.
- Description of the environmental controls when placing the materials
If the proposed BUD material does not meet any of the Protection of Public Health-Residential or Protection of Groundwater values from table Part 375-6.8(b), you need to contact NYSDEC staff to determine if more information is necessary.
Attachments to be included on CD
- Raw data from environmental investigations for both SOURCE site and IMPORT site (unless dredged materials, then only SOURCE site)
- Raw data from chemical sampling
- Boring logs
- Phase 1 and 2 site investigations, Environmental Data Reviews (EDRs) and all other environmental investigations
- Chemical Summary Table in MS Excel format