Region 3 Environmental Permits
Regional Permit Administrator - Daniel Whitehead
21 South Putt Corners Rd.
New Paltz, NY 12561-1620
The New Paltz office serves the following counties: Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester
The General Permit authorizes various activities on Greenwood Lake during a drawdown period. Activities include:
- Maintenance dredging (excluding commercial or public marinas)
- Repair or in-kind replacement of existing bulkheads, retaining walls, docks, boathouses, platforms or other existing structures including the use of new support structures/pilings
- Debris removal
- Replenishment of existing beach areas on the shoreline and exposed lake bottom.
- Greenwood Lake General Permit GP-3-16-001 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Applicant Instructions (PDF, 81 KB)
- Permission to Inspect Property Form (PDF, 549 KB)
- Joint Application Form (PDF, 548 KB)