Luyster Creek Energy Project
DEC, as Lead Agency for State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR), has determined that the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS), draft Title IV and Title V air permits for this project are complete for the purposes of public review and comment. DEC has prepared draft permits and has made a tentative determination to approve the applications.
- Notice of Completion of DEIS (PDF) (97 kB)
- Title IV Draft Permit (PDF) (27 kB)
- The Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) may be viewed on the applicant's webpage at: www.uspowergen.com/projects/luyster-creek/
- Title V Draft Permit
- Draft Scope of Work (PDF) (175 kB)
- SEQR Positive Declaration (PDF) (524 kB)
- Final Scoping Document (PDF) (89 kB)
A legislative public hearing session for the receipt of public comments on the DEIS, permit applications, and draft permits will be held on Wednesday, August 24, 2011, at 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., with open house sessions at 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., at Riccardo's, 21-01 24th Avenue, Astoria, New York. For directions, you may access their website at: www.riccardos.com. We encourage the public to review the document in advance of the meeting.
In addition to comments received at the meeting, written comments will be accepted by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) until Friday, September 9, 2011.
Copies of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement are available at the following locations:
- Queens Community Board 1, 36-01 35th Avenue, Astoria
- Queens Borough Public Library, 89-11 Merrick Boulevard, Jamaica
- Queens Borough Branch Public Library Astoria Branch, 14-10 Astoria Boulevard, Long Island City
- NYS DEC Region 2 Office, Division of Environmental Permits, 47-40 21st Street, Long Island City
Information regarding the proposed project, the DEIS and draft permits can also be viewed and downloaded from the Luyster Creek Energy Project website: http://www.uspowergen.com/projects/luyster-creek/
Stephen Tomasik, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
625 Broadway - 4th Floor, Albany, New York 12233-1750
Voice: (518) 486-9955