D E C banner
D E C banner


The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has added a link to a translation service developed by Microsoft Inc., entitled Bing Translator, as a convenience to visitors to the DEC website who speak languages other than English.

Additional information can be found at DEC's Language Assistance Page.

Permit to Camp on Public Lands for more than 3 Days

For back country camping, groups of 10 or more persons OR stays by individuals of more than 3 days in one place require a permit from the New York State Forest Ranger responsible for the area.

Contact your local forest rangers for more information.

  • Important Links
  • Contact for this Page
    625 Broadway
    Albany, NY 12233
    Send us an email
  • This Page Covers
  • Page applies to all NYS regions