Course Sponsor Information
New York State regulations (6 NYCRR 325.18) require that pesticide training courses be approved by the Department prior to the course being offered. No retroactive approvals are permitted.
As required by 6 NYCRR 325.18(b), individuals conducting certification and recertification training courses must have appropriate credentials recognized by the department or have at least three years of verifiable experience as a certified pesticide applicator. Acceptable credentials for individuals wishing to conduct certification and recertification courses include academic credits in courses which are to be covered by such training courses. The department may determine that individuals with a previous enforcement record may not be eligible to conduct certification and recertification courses.
You may obtain the following forms in either PDF or Microsoft Word:
- Pesticide Training Course Application in PDF (54.9 KB)
Pesticide Training Course Application in Microsoft Word (61.5 KB)
- Pesticide Training Instructor Application in PDF (28.2 KB)
Pesticide Training Instructor Application in Microsoft Word (42.0 KB)
- Certification Eligibility Course Roster in PDF (28.8 KB)
Certification Eligibility Course Roster in Microsoft Word (53.5 KB)
- Recertification Course Roster in PDF (28.8 KB)
Recertification Course Roster in Microsoft Word (54.0 KB)
- Distance Learning Course Spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel (25.5 KB)
A list of Approved Training Instructors is also available in both PDF and Microsoft Excel.
More about Course Sponsor Information:
- Certification Eligibility Course Instructions - For use when applying to sponsor a 30 Hour Pesticide Training Course
- Recertification Course Instructions - Use when applying to sponsor a pesticide recertification course
- Distance Learning Course Sponsor Requirements - Guidelines to be used when developing a course that will not be held in a "traditional" classroom setting