Non Ambulatory Hunter Permit
The Department may issue a Non-Ambulatory Hunter Permit authorizing the possession of a loaded firearm in or on a motor vehicle providing:
- The applicant for the permit is a hunter, with a physical disability, who is unable to move about except with the use of a mechanized aid.
- The applicant is otherwise legally authorized, and qualified to hunt with a firearm.
- Applicant must obtain a signed statement by their licensed physician certifying the nature, extent, and term of physical disability.
- This application requires that you fully satisfy all the conditions in 6 NYCRR Part 170.5
- This license expires 5 years from date of issuance.
Please contact the Special Licenses Unit with any questions or concerns about qualifying or applying for this permit. To apply for this permit complete the following:
- Non-Ambulatory Permit Application (PDF 159 KB) (please print in color), completed by both you and your licensed physician.
- Two passport type photographs that will be used for your ID card.
Send all of the above information to the Department of Environmental Conservation Special Licenses Unit.
Special Licenses Unit
Albany, NY 12233-4752
Applicable Laws and Regulations
New York Environmental Conservation Law (ECL) to read visit Department of State website at http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi
New York Codes Rules and Regulations (6NYCRR)