NY.gov Portal State Agency Listing Search all of NY.gov
D E C banner
D E C banner


The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has added a link to a translation service developed by Microsoft Inc., entitled Bing Translator, as a convenience to visitors to the DEC website who speak languages other than English.

Additional information can be found at DEC's Language Assistance Page.

Permit to Import and Possess Grass Carp & Hybrid Grass Carp

Statutory Authority: ECL 11-1703 (6)

No person shall import, export, own or possess, acquire or dispose of live grass carp, (Ctenohparyngodon idella) or hybrid grass carp within the state or place them in the waters of New York State except as authorized by this permit.

To apply for this permit, contact the Regional DEC Fisheries Office. You can use the grass carp stocking permit application form (PDF)(91 KB) to apply for the permit.

  • PDF Help
  • For help with PDFs on this page, please call 518-402-8985.
  • Contact for this Page
    Fish, Wildlife & Marine Resources
    625 Broadway
    Albany, NY 12233-4752
    Send us an email
  • This Page Covers
  • Page applies to all NYS regions