Crocodilian Registration Permit
Statutory Authority: ECL 11-0535, 11-0536 and 6 NCYRR Part 175 and Part 182.5
A Crocodilian Registration authorizes the holder to import or possess Alligator, Caiman, and Crocodile parts or products with the intention of:
- Future sale at wholesale
- Tanning or processing of hides
- Fabricating or finishing products
- This permit does not allow sale at retail. A Crocodilian Permit is required for retail sale
- This permit expires annually on March 31.
- There is a $150.00 fee for this permit.
Please contact the Special Licenses Unit with any questions or concerns about qualifying or applying for this permit. To apply for this permit complete the Crocodilian Registration Permit Application (PDF 163 KB) and send with a check or money order for the appropriate amount to the Department of Environmental Conservation Special Licenses Unit.
Special Licenses Unit
Albany, NY 12233-4752
List of applicable Laws and Regulations
- New York Environmental Conservation Law (ECL) to read visit Department of State website (link leaves DEC's website) To find this law click on the link, click on ENV, find Article 11, click on the appropriate law.
- New York Codes Rules and Regulations (6NYCRR)