Crocodilian Registration Permit
Statutory Authority: ECL 11-0535, 11-0536 and 6 NCYRR Part 175 and Part 182.5
A Crocodilian Registration authorizes the holder to import or possess Alligator, Caiman, and Crocodile parts or products with the intention of:
- Future sale at wholesale
- Tanning or processing of hides
- Fabricating or finishing products
- This permit does not allow sale at retail. A Crocodilian Permit is required for retail sale
- This permit expires annually on March 31.
- There is a $150.00 fee for this permit.
Please contact the Special Licenses Unit with any questions or concerns about qualifying or applying for this permit. To apply for this permit complete the Crocodilian Registration Application (PDF) (220KB) and send with a check or money order for the appropriate amount to the Department of Environmental Conservation Special Licenses Unit.
Special Licenses Unit
Albany, NY 12233-4752
List of applicable Laws and Regulations
New York Environmental Conservation Law (ECL)
Please visit New York State Legislature Website (Leaves DEC website)
- 11-0535 Endangered and threatened species, species of special concern
- 11-0536 Sale of certain wild animals or wild animal products prohibited
New York Codes Rules and Regulations (6NYCRR)
- Part 175 Special Licenses and Permits--Definition and Uniform Procedures (Leaves DEC website)
- Part 182.5 Endangered species, threatened species and species of special concern (Leaves DEC website)