Statutory Authority: ECL 11-0535, 11-0536 and 6 NCYRR Part 175 and Part 182.5
A Crocodilian Permit is issued to an individual operating a retail establishment, store, or outlet. This permit authorizes the retail sale of finished parts and products made in whole, or in part, from Alligators, Caiman, and Crocodile of the Order Crocodylia.
- A separate permit is required for each retail establishment, store, or outlet.
- Wholesale and Importation are not authorized by this permit, a Crocodilian Registration Permit will be required for these activities.
- This permit expires annually on March 31.
- There is a $25.00 fee for this permit.
Please contact the Special Licenses Unit with any questions or concerns about qualifying or applying for this permit. To apply for this permit complete the Crocodilian Permit Application (PDF) (220KB) and send with a check or money order for the appropriate amount to the Department of Environmental Conservation Special Licenses Unit.
Special Licenses Unit
Albany, NY 12233-4752
List of applicable Laws and Regulations
New York Environmental Conservation Law (ECL)
Please visit New York State Legislature Website (Leaves DEC website)
- 11-0535 Endangered and threatened species, species of special concern
- 11-0536 Sale of certain wild animals or wild animal products prohibited
New York Codes Rules and Regulations (6NYCRR)
- Part 175 Special License and Permits - Definition and Uniform Procedures (Leaves DEC website)
- Part 182.5 Endangered species, threatened species and species of special concern (Leaves DEC website)