Ended Labor Day- Winners will be Announced Soon
NY Fishing, Hunting & Wildlife App
Think you could land "The Big One" this year? Want to see how your catch measures up to others in your area? Enter a photo of your biggest "lunker" in the #IFISHNY Challenge to show off your angling skills and a chance to win cool prizes.
Just snap a photo of your largemouth or striped bass next to a measuring tape. Then upload your photo onto the Trophy Case App, now available through the NY Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife app. Tag your photo with the hashtag #IFISHNY and post! (See below for How to Enter.)
The grand prize winner of the freshwater fishing challenge (longest largemouth bass) will be heading out on their next adventure in a new Predator Kayak from Old Town Canoe. Catch the longest striped bass? Take four of your friends on a Manhattan charter fishing trip from Rocket Charters and receive a Lamiglas "Infinity Surf" Rod and Van Staal Surf Spinning Fishing Reel, courtesy of The Sport Fishing Alliance. Seven lucky regional winners will enjoy I LOVE NY weekend getaways at resorts/lodges in the Adirondacks and Catskills. Other prizes include Taste NY Gift Baskets, a one-year subscription to Bassmaster magazine, ORDA ski lift tickets, New York Wildlife Viewing Guides and Conservationist subscriptions.
Make sure to use a measuring tape in your photo
How to Enter:
- Using the NY Fishing, Hunting & Wildlife App, download the Trophy Case® App to your device by clicking on the Trophy Case icon so a menu appears. Within this menu, locate the tab Open Trophy Case and click on it. You will then be prompted to download the app.
- Set up a personal photo feed by creating an account or logging in through Facebook.
- Make sure your account is set for "public viewing" in the profile settings section.
- Click on the center "camera" to take or select photos; remember to pose your fish next to a measuring tape!
- When uploading your photo select the "Fishing" category.
- On the "Photo Details" page enter information on the location and size of the catch. In the 'Notes' section of this screen type the hashtag: #IFISHNY
- Click "Post" and you're done!
The Regions of the #IFISHNY Challenge
Don't have a smartphone?
You can also enter the challenge by emailing your fish photo to IFISHNY@dec.ny.gov with your fish and measuring tape photo attached. Include length of fish, your full name, mailing address, and location where the fish was caught.
The deadline to enter was Labor Day, Monday, September 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Please review the #IFISHNY Challenge Rules for complete information.
For Trophy Case App technical support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org