Teaching Sportsman Education
Sportsman Education instructors who volunteer their time to teach others about the safety, responsibility, and ethics of hunting and trapping help to keep these valued traditions alive today. This page offers information for both prospective and current instructors.
Become an Instructor
Complete an Instructor Application (PDF) (625 KB) to join other volunteer sportsman educators. Your participation helps teach and continue the American heritage of responsible and safe hunting and trapping.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be of good moral character and have no serious legal convictions
- Have good communication skills
- Hunting experience preferred, but not required
- Completion of instructor training and apprenticeship
- Teach at least one course per year
- Attend a refresher course every two years
Call us toll-free at 1-888-HUNT-ED2