Teaching Sportsman Education
Sportsman education instructors volunteer their time to teach others about the safety, responsibility and ethics of hunting and trapping help to keep these valued traditions alive today. This page offers information for both prospective and current instructors.
Become an Instructor
Complete an Instructor Application (PDF) (324 KB) to join other volunteer sportsman educators. Your participation helps teach and continue the American heritage of responsible and safe hunting and trapping.
- 18 years or older
- At least three years of experience in one or more of the four fields: hunting, bowhunting, trapping and waterfowl ID
- Good personality and communication skills
- Completion of instructor training and apprenticeship
- Teach at least one course per year
- Attend a refresher course every two years
Call us toll-free at 1-888-HUNT-ED2