I FISH NY Saltwater Fishing Guide for New York City Area
DEC has published a complete saltwater fishing guide that has information on how to get started and where fishing access sites are available around the New York City area. Refer to the list below. Click on the corresponding links in the right column to access the full guide or specific parts of the guide.
For basic information on fishing see Getting Started Fishing NYC
I FISH NY- Saltwater Fishing Guide for New York City Area (PDF, 6.6 MB) This is the full, complete guide. Please note this file is very large. Publication year of this guide was 2005 and some access site information may have changed. Please see DEC's Google Earth saltwater fishing access locations in NYC for more recent information.
These are specific parts of the guide here. You may choose to download the particular area where you wish to fish. Remember to click on the corresponding links in the column to the right.
- Part 1- General information and picture guide of available fish (PDF, 380 KB)
- Part 2- Bronx fishing access (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Part 3- Staten Island fishing access (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Part 4- Manhattan fishing access (PDF, 1 MB)
- Part 5- Queens fishing access (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Part 6- Queens (Rockaways) and Brooklyn fishing access (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Part 7- Brooklyn (west) fishing access and general tips on fishing (PDF, 900 KB)