Day Use Areas
In addition to campgrounds and their associated day use areas, DEC operates a number of day-use-only areas that offer picnicking and/or swimming facilities. Please be advised that pets are prohibited at all DEC day use areas.
While most of these areas close after Labor Day weekend, Prospect Mountain remains open into October for the spectacular fall foliage. The Lake George Beach boat launch opens for fisherman in the Fall as well.
Fees for day use areas are:
- $6.00, $8.00 or $10.00 per car
- $3.00, $4.00 or $5.00 per motorcycle
- $35.00, $50.00 or $75.00 per bus
For more information about DEC operated campgrounds and day use areas, call (518) 457-2500.
More about Day Use Areas:
- Fourth Lake - A table showing what is offered at Fourth Lake Picnic Area.
- Hinckley Reservoir - A table showing what is offered at Hinckley Reservoir Picnic Area.
- Lake George Beach - A table showing what is offered at Lake George Beach.
- Lake George Battlefield - A table showing what is offered at Lake George Battlefield Picnic Area.
- Prospect Mountain - A table showing what is offered at Prospect Mountain.
- Annual Day Use Pass to DEC Campgrounds and State Parks - General information on Empire Passport including prices, locations that accept Passports, and how to purchase a Passport.