Fisheries Management and Reports
The principal function of freshwater fisheries research is to help manage the fish resources within New York waters. By managing, we mean evaluating the status of fish populations to enhance some fisheries and to restore others. We also undertake regular surveys to monitor the health of fish populations and to establish the effectiveness of stocking and harvest policies.
More about Fisheries Management and Reports:
- DEC Bureau of Fisheries Annual Reports - Annual Reports of Highlights and Accomplishments for Bureau of Fisheries.
- New York Statewide Angler Survey 2007 - Information collected during the 2007 Statewide Angler survey on Angler effort and expenditures and Angler characteristics, preferences, satisfaction and opinion on managment topics.
- Black Bass Management in New York - Introduction to black bass management in New York
- Muskellunge Management in New York - Summary of muskellunge management in NY.
- Sauger Conservation Management Plan - Review the draft Conservation Management Plan for Sauger in New York State 2013 - 2020.
- Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence River Fisheries Research - Information on managing fish resources in Lake Ontario.
- Lake Erie Fisheries Research - Information on managing fish resources in Lake Erie.
- New York City Reports - Biologist reports currently available for the five boroughs of New York City
- Adirondack/Lake Champlain Reports - Biologist fisheries survey reports from the Eastern Adirondacks/Lake Champlain (Region 5) area of New York.
- Central New York Reports - Information on managing fish resources for Central New York water bodies.
- West-Central New York Reports - Fisheries surveys and research in West Central New York.
- Western New York Reports - The NYSDEC routinely conducts fisheries surveys of bodies of water across the state. This page covers fisheries surveys conducted in the Western end of New York State.
- Landowner Fisheries Management - Fisheries management information for anglers and landowners