Access for Anglers with Disabilities in North Central NY
The following is a list, by county, of fishing access sites for anglers with disabilities.
Although every effort is made to keep this information current, please confirm the availability of facilities with the appropriate DEC Regional Office.
- Mohawk River
- at Moss Island Park in Little Falls adjacent to Lock 17 of the Barge Canal
- in the Village of Ilion where Route 51 crosses the Barge Canal
- in the Village of Frankfort at the end of Fox Street off Railroad Street
- Nicks Lake Campground - off Rte. 28, 1.5 miles southwest of Old Forge. Picnic tables, pavilion, canoe launch, fishing pier, new restroom building.
- Quiver Pond - shoreline fishing off South Shores Acres Rd., five and a half miles west of Old Forge
- Black Pond Trail - Bolton Road, Town of Ellisburg. Wildlife observation, 0.4 mile trail passing through woodland, wetland and dune areas and ending on the Lake Ontario shoreline, plus a fishing pier and an observation deck.
- Black River - at the Village of Dexter boat launch
- St. Lawrence River - at DEC Cape Vincent Fisheries Research Station off Route 12E in the Village of Cape Vincent
- Black River - off Route 812 in Dadville
- Crystal Creek Fishing Pier at Indian Pipe State Forest - Rte. 812, New Bremen, north of Lowville. Parking, MAPPWD permit access trail to fishing pier on Crystal Creek.
- Green Pond Fishing Pier at Bonaparte's Cave State Forest - North Bonaparte Road, Town of Diana. MAPPWD permit access to fishing pier.
- Lowville Forestry Demonstration Area - Rte. 812, Lowville. Accessible fishing piers, picnic pads, trail and parking areas.
- Lime Quarry Fishing Pier at Onjebonge State Forest - Lime Quarry Road, Town of Diana. Accessible fishing pier on Indian River.
- West Branch Oswegatchie River - with access to Mudd Pond, on Long Pond Road, Town of Croghan
- Chittning Pond at Albert J Woodford Memorial State Forest - fishing pier, picnic tables, no privy, on Route 20 between Waterville and Bridgewater
- West Branch Fish Creek - shorefishing in the Village of Camden, one block west of Rte 13 on NY Rte 69
- Mohawk River - fishing deck at Rome Fish Hatchery outlet, east of NY Rte 46
St. Lawrence County
- Clear Pond - shore access, Clear Pond Rd., west from White Hill Rd., approxmately 5.5 miles south of the hamlet of Parishville
- Cranberry Lake - Cranberry Lake Campground 1.5 miles south on Lone Pine Road
- Horseshoe Lake - State Rte. 30, south of the Village of Tupper Lake. Fishing pier, 2 campsites, picnic table, tent pad, privy, fire ring
- Tooley Pond - shore access, Tooley Pond Rd., 6 miles north of Cranberry Lake
See a full listing of DEC's accessible recreation destinations.