Access for Anglers with Disabilities in Central NY
The following is a list, by county, of fishing access sites for anglers with disabilities.
Although every effort is made to keep this information current, please confirm the availability of facilities with the appropriate DEC Regional Office.
- Casterline Pond - off NY Route 11, Town of Homer. Notes: Good fishing deck and shoreline. Fish species: rainbow trout
- Upper Lelands Pond - Route 26 south of junction with Route 46. Notes: Good fishing pier. Species of fish: brown trout and panfish
- Labrador Pond - Off Rte.80, Rte 91 to Apulia. Fishing pier and nature trail boardwalk through marshlands, restroom building.
- Nine Mile Creek- Fair along shoreline. Downstream of Marcellus. Fish species: Brook trout, brown trout
- Oneida Lake - off Bartel Road at the I-81 Crossing in Brewerton, Town of Cicero. Wheelchair access to shoreline. Fish species: Warm water species
- Oneida Lake - off Swamp Road at the I-81 Crossing, Town of Hastings
- Skaneateles Lake, North end - Good shoreline. Skaneateles. Fish species: rainbow trout, lake trout
- Lake Ontario - Selkirk Shores State Park in Pulaski. Notes: Concrete pier. Fish species: brown trout, rainbow trout, lake trout, chinook salmon, coho salmon, landlocked Atlantic salmon
- Lake Ontario - Swamp Road at the I-81 crossing in Hastings. Wheelchair access to fishing deck. Fish species: Warm water species.
- Oneida Lake - off Shaw Road from Toad Harbor, Town of West Monroe. Fishing deck. Fish species: brown trout, rainbow trout
- Oswego River - West side of river. Excellent at Linear Park. East side of river is good at Port Authority (City of Oswego)
- Redfield Accessible Platform at Salmon River Reservoir - County Route 17 in the Hamlet of Redfield. (315)298-5051. Wheelchair access to observation/fishing deck. Fish species: Warm water species
- Salmon River - off NY Route 3, Town of Richland. Wheelchair access to fishing deck. Fish species: Warm water species, trout and salmon (seasonally)
- Cayuga Lake - Taughannock Falls State Park on Taughannock Park Road, Trumansburg. Notes: Good shoreline. Fish species: landlocked Atlantic Salmon, brown trout, rainbow trout, lake trout
- Dryden Lake - Dryden Town Park. Fishing pier. Fish species: panfish
See a full listing of DEC's accessible recreation destinations.