Access for Anglers with Disabilities in West Central NY
The following is a list, by county, of fishing access sites for anglers with disabilities.
- Genesee River - Rochester Naval Militia. East bank, near the northern end of Saint Paul Boulevard. Concrete shore fishing access with five accessible parking spots. No privy currently available. This site is located near the mouth of the Genesee River. Brown trout, rainbow trout, Chinook salmon, and Coho salmon will often enter the Genesee River from Lake Ontario. Both salmon species can generally be caught at this site from late August through October. With Lake Ontario close by, there are often a wide variety of other fish species present from spring through the summer. Smallmouth bass, yellow perch, freshwater drum (sheepshead), and channel catfish are a few additional fish species that can be caught at this site.
- Slater Creek - Beach Avenue adjacent to power plant warm water pond connected to Lake Ontario (Town of Greece)
- Oak Orchard Creek - in Oak Orchard, along shoreline connecting Lake Ontario
- Birdseye Hollow State Forest
- Port Bay
- at north end of West Port Bay Road, north of the Village of Wolcott
- at southwest corner of Port Bay off North Port Bay Road
See a full listing of DEC's accessible recreation destinations.