Access for Anglers with Disabilities in Southeastern NY
The following is a list, by county, of fishing access sites for anglers with disabilities.
Stony Kill Farm Environmental Education Center - in the Town of Wappinger's Falls, on Route 9D two miles north of Interstate 84
White Pond - in the Town of Kent, take Route 301 east to County Route 42, follow Farmers Mills Road east to White Pond Road
- Mongaup Pond at Mongaup Pond Campground - Route 17 to Exit 96, east on Debruce Road to Debruce, north past Catskill Fish Hatchery
- Basher Kill at Bashakill Wildlife Management Area - from Route 17 near the Village of Wurtsboro, south on Route 209 6 miles to Westbrookville, east on Otisville Road, County Route 163, north on South Road.
- Waneta Lake at Willowemoc Wild Forest - Off of Sullivan County Rte 151/Beaverkill Road, about 3.5 miles north of Livingston Manor. Fishing platform and picnic table at small roadside lake.
- Allaben at Shandaken Wild Forest - 5 miles west of Phoenicia on the north side of Rte. 28. Picnic tables, camping.
- Lower Birch Creek Rd. at Shandaken Wild Forest - Off Rte. 28, near the Town of Pine Hill. Picnic site, fishing platform, and a short path encircling the pond.
- Onteora Lake at Bluestone Wild Forest - Off Rte. 28, about 5 miles west of Kingston. Fishing access, picnic tables.
- Peekamoose Valley Camping Area at Slide Mountain Wilderness - Off Ulster County Rte. 42 (Watson Hollow Road). Primitive campsites, trail to stream, picnic tables and privy.
- Hudson River at Turkey Point State Forest - off Route 32, Town of Saugerties. MAPPWD permit access to fishing pier.
See a full listing of DECs accessible recreation destinations.