Robert Moses State Park - Thousand Islands
Massena, St. Lawrence County
Surrounded by water, this beautiful park is located in the heart of the world-renowned Thousand Islands region. The park and associated campground consist of forest, open water, fields and wetlands, and are located on both the mainland and Barnhart Island in the St. Lawrence River.
Wildlife to Watch
- White-tailed deer, woodchucks, raccoons, red squirrels, beavers
- Mallards, wood ducks, hooded merganser, American wigeon, Canada geese and snow geese
- Perch, pike, largemouth bass
Where to Watch
- Open water
- Nature center with year-round environmental education programs, day-camps, and special events
- Hiking and cross-country skiing trails
- Boating, fishing, and swimming
This Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation site has accessible features that include camping, picnic pavilions and recreation programs. A full list of DEC's accessible recreation destinations is available on the DEC website.
See Google Maps for step by step directions to Robert Moses State Park (This link will open a page outside of the DEC website. Hold "Shift" down while clicking on the link to open it in a new window)
Address: 19 Robinson Bay Road, Massena, NY 13662
Website: Robert Moses State Park (This link leaves DEC's website)