Robert Moses State Park - Thousand Islands
Massena, St. Lawrence County
Find abundant wildlife in the park, which is located on both the mainland and Barnhart Island.
Wildlife to Watch
- White-tailed deer, woodchucks, raccoons, red squirrels, beavers
- Mallards, wood ducks, hooded merganser, American wigeon, Canada geese and snow geese
- Perch, pike, largemouth bass
Where to Watch
- Open water
- Nature center with year-round environmental education programs, day-camps, and special events
- Hiking and cross-country skiing trails
- Boating, fishing, swimming
This Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation site has accessible features that include camping, picnic pavilions and recreation programs. A full list of DEC's accessible recreation destinations is available on the DEC website.
See Google Maps for step by step directions to Robert Moses State Park (This link will open a page outside of the DEC website. Hold "Shift" down while clicking on the link to open it in a new window)
Address: P.O. Box 548, Massena, NY 13662
Website: Robert Moses State Park (This link leaves DEC's website)