North-South Lake Public Campground
Haines Falls, Greene Co.
Surprise white-tailed deer while hiking one of the trails at this largest and
most popular campground in the Catskill Forest Preserve.
Wildlife to Watch
- Migrating hawks, great-horned owls and barred owls
- Wild turkey, ruffed grouse, warblers and other songbirds
- Migrating common loons, geese and ducks
- White-tailed deer, black bears, bats, gray and red squirrels
- Sunfish, largemouth bass
Where to Watch
- Mixed hardwood and conifer forests
- Lakeshores and stream banks
- Tent and trailer camping
- Hiking, swimming, bicycling
- Fishing and boating (no motors)
This site provides accessible features that include some accessible camping sites for persons with disabilities, picnicking and equestrian recreation. A full list of DEC's accessible recreation destinations is available on the DEC website.
See Google Maps and enter your address for step by step directions to North-South Lake (This link will open a page outside of the DEC website. Hold Shift down while clicking on the link to open it in a new window)
Address: County Route 18, Haines Falls, NY 12436
Website: North-South Lake
Photo Credits: Sue Shafer, Dick Thomas, Sue Shafer