Todt Hill Woodlands
- Open for recreation: September - May
- Fee: Free
- Contact Information:
- DEC Region 2 Long Island City Office: (718) 482-4900 (M-F, 8:45AM - 4:45PM); email@example.com
- Emergency, Law Enforcement & Rangers: (518) 408-5850 or 911
- Location: Staten Island, Richmond County
- Map: View the Todt Hill Woodlands Map || View same map as PDF (344 KB) || Google Earth || State Lands Interactive Mapper
Todt Hill Woods contributes 56 acres of forested land to the Staten Island Greenbelt (leaves DEC website). The area allows for recreational activities such as hiking, running, bird watching, nature viewing, and nature photography.
General information on hiking includes how-to and safety tips and links to rules & regulations.
Trails wind through woodlands and fields. Conveniently, the trails also connect with more than 25 miles of trails within the Staten Island Greenbelt (leaves DEC website).
***Stay Safe- Bring A Friend When Out On The Trails***
General information on animals includes links to information about birds, mammals, fish, reptiles, amphibians and insects that inhabit or migrate through the state.
From the Staten Island Expressway, take the Todt Hill Road exit and take a left onto Todt Hill Road. Then take a right on Ocean Terrace and a left onto Manor Road. Todt Hill is located at 40.596259°N, 74.124510°W (Google Maps - leaves DEC website).
There are no designated parking areas but street-side parking is available.
Rules, Regulations and Outdoor Safety
Practice Leave No Trace Principles (leaves DEC website) when recreating on state land to enjoy the outdoors responsibly, minimize impact on the natural resources and avoid conflicts with other users.
For your safety and protection of the resource, the following regulations are in place:
- All State Forests are Carry in Carry Out facilities.
- Unauthorized cutting of live trees or new trail building is prohibited.
- No hunting is allowed on any Region 2 NYS DEC properties.
- Fishing is allowed in compliance with State regulations.
- No camping is allowed.
- Keep pets under control and on leash while other forest users are around.
- Unauthorized use of off-road motorized vehicles is prohibited. This includes cars, trucks, ATVs, and motorcycles.
- Todt Hill Woodlands is closed to the public June - August.
How We Manage Todt Hill Woodlands
DEC is developing a unit management plan (UMP) which will describe the management activities for these lands. In addition to management objectives, the UMP will contain detailed information on natural features, recreational infrastructure, geology, natural & human history, habitats, wildlife, fisheries and much more.
If you have questions and/or comments about this UMP, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearby State Lands, Facilities, Amenities & Other Information
State Lands & Facilities
- Arden Heights Woods
- Bloesser's Pond
- Clay Pit Ponds State Park (leaves DEC website)
- Goethals Pond Complex
- Pouch Camp Conservation Easement
- Lemon Creek
- Mount Loretto Unique Area
- North Mount Loretto State Forest
- Oakwood Beach
- Old Place Creek
- Saint Francis Woodlands
- Sawmill Creek Wetland
- Zuckermann Natural Resource Area
Staten Island Tourism (leaves DEC website) can provide information about other recreation, attractions and amenities in this area.
Numerous guide books and maps are available with information on the lands, waters, trails and other recreational facilities in this area. These can be purchased at most outdoor equipment retailers, bookstores, and on-line booksellers.
Additional information, outdoor equipment, trip suggestions and guided or self-guided tours may be obtained from outdoor guide and outfitting businesses. Check area chambers of commerce, telephone directories or search the internet for listings.
Consider hiring an outdoor guide if you have little experience or woodland skills. See the NYS Outdoor Guides Association (leaves DEC website) for information on outdoor guides.
More about Todt Hill Woodlands:
- Todt Hill Woodlands Map - A map of Todt Hill Woodlands, Richmond County.