Learn to Fish
I FISH NY Program
Learning to fish brings big smiles!
The I FISH NY Program's primary goal is to increase fishing participation and awareness of the outstanding fishing opportunities in New York State. The fishing education side of the program introduces people to the sport of angling through a variety of different approaches.
I FISH NY Beginners' Guide to Freshwater Fishing
The I FISH NY Beginners' Guide to Freshwater Fishing is a PDF publication that will help you become a better and more knowledgeable angler.
Free Fishing Clinics
List of free fishing clinics where no license is required!
Learn about Ice Fishing
Fishing tips and Advice
More about Learn to Fish:
- I FISH NY Education Program - The I FISH NY Program offers free fishing clinics, train-the-trainer fishing education programs, rod loaner programs, in-school programs, and Beginners Guide to Freshwater Fishing.
- I FISH NY- Long Island - I FISH NY Long Island page.
- I FISH NY - New York City - I FISH NY New York City page
- Free Fishing Clinics - A listing of DEC sponsored events (such as family fishing clinics) where participants can fish for free-- no license is required.
- Free Fishing Days - Learn about New York's Free Fishing Weekend
- Fishing Skills - Fishing skills to help you catch more fish!
- Fishing Tips and Advice - A variety of helpful fishing tips, including information on catching and releasing trout, fishing responsibly, and using a ruler to weigh your fish.
- Fishing Responsibly in New York State - Information on non-toxic tackle, catch and release fishing, fish as bait, and non-native fish species.