Hunting & Trapping Regulations Guide
2013-14 Official Guide to Laws & Regulations
What you will find:
- Recent regulation changes
- 2013-14 season dates, zones and bag limits
- Articles on yearling buck management, wild turkey management, snow goose hunting and more
- Statewide map with public hunting access
- Sunrise/sunset chart
....and much more!
Go to eRegulations.com (External link) to view the 2013-14 guide online or to interactively flip through pages of a digital edition.
Download and Print
(Note: Adobe Reader is needed to view the links below)
2013-2014 Hunting & Trapping Regulations Guide (PDF) (54.4 MB) - Complete guide without advertisements
Warning! This is a large document that may download slowly. Alternatively, you may download individual sections by using the links below.
Sections of the guide:
- General Information (PDF) (6.5 MB) - licenses, regulations, youth hunts, etc.
- Places to Hunt (PDF) (11.3 MB) - maps and access information
- Features (PDF) (5.2 MB) - recent regulation changes, featured articles, law enforcement, etc.
- Big Game (Deer & Bear) Hunting Information (PDF) (4.8 MB)
- Small Game Hunting Information (PDF) (4.5 MB) - reptile/amphibians, rabbit/hare, squirrel, pheasant, quail and ruffed grouse
- Turkey Hunting Information (PDF) (3.8 MB)
- Migratory Game Bird Hunting Information (PDF) (2.4 MB) waterfowl (geese/ducks), woodcock, snipe, rail, crow and gallinules (Note: Visit DEC's Waterfowl and Migratory Game Bird Seasons webpage for final regulations)
- Furbearer Hunting &Trapping Information (PDF) (6.1 MB) - bobcat, beaver, mink/muskrat, coyote, weasel, fox, skunk, raccoon, opossum, otter and fisher/marten
- Sunrise-Sunset Table (PDF) (266 kB) - sunrise-sunset schedule to determine shooting hours for hunting wildlife
Pick up a Copy
You can get a copy of the guide at locations where sporting licenses are sold (most town clerks' offices, many sporting goods stores and several DEC offices). To find a location near you, use DEC's "License Issuing Agents" Google Maps.