Hunting & Trapping Regulations Guide
2015-16 Official Guide to Laws & Regulations
2015-16 Hunting & Trapping Regulations Guide
(Link leaves DEC's website)
You can view a copy of the Hunting & Trapping Regulations Guide in one of the following ways noted on this page.
View the online 2015-16 Hunting & Trapping Regulations Guide(link leaves DEC website). An interactive digital version is also available to view!
Download and Print
(Note: Adobe Reader is needed to view the links below)
2015-16 Hunting & Trapping Regulations Guide (PDF) (21 MB).
Warning!This is a large file. You can download smaller sections of the guide using the links below.
Sections of the guide:
- Crossbow Regulations & Qualification (PDF) (131 KB)
- General Information (PDF) (1.4 MB) - general license and regulation information, youth hunt opportunities, contact information and more.
- Places to Hunt (PDF) (3.6 MB) - maps and access information
- Features (PDF) (4.9 MB) - recent regulation changes, featured articles, law enforcement FAQs and more.
- Big Game (Deer & Bear) Hunting Information (PDF) (3.4 MB)
- Small Game Hunting Information (PDF) (3.6 MB) - reptile/amphibians, rabbit/hare, squirrel, pheasant, quail and ruffed grouse
- Turkey Hunting Information (PDF) (1.2 MB)
- Migratory Game Bird Hunting Information (PDF) (276 KB) waterfowl (geese/ducks), woodcock, snipe, rail, crow and gallinules;
(Note: Visit DEC's Waterfowl Seasons webpage to view final regulations in the fall)
- Furbearer Hunting &Trapping Information (PDF) (4.7 MB) - bobcat, beaver, mink/muskrat, coyote, weasel, fox, skunk, raccoon, opossum, otter and fisher/marten
- Sunrise-Sunset Table (PDF) (69 KB) - sunrise-sunset schedule to determine shooting hours for hunting wildlife
Pick up a Copy
A copy of the guide is available when purchasing your hunting or trapping license at a sporting license issuing agent location.