Cossayuna Lake Area Boat Launches
The following designations are used to indicate the agency that operates a particular boat launch site. Boaters should expect to pay a day use fee for launches within a DEC Campground during the camping season.
- (D) - DEC
- (P) - Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- (C) - Canal Corporation
The following definitions will assist you in determining if a particular site will accommodate your boat:
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
Note: Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water
Cossayuna Lake Boat launch is wheelchair accessible. Accessible seasonal port-a-johns are available. See directions below.
Full listing of DECs Accessible Recreation Destinations.
- Carter Pond : (D) - Washington County, on Route 338, two miles south of the Hamlet of Cossayuna. Hand launching, parking for ten cars. Electric motors only.
- Cossayuna Lake : (D) - Washington County. Off Route 40 at the Hamlet of South Argyle, east on County Route 49 to East Shore Road. Accessible, hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 30 cars and trailers.