Fulton Chain of Lakes Area Boat Launches
The following designations are used to indicate the agency that operates a particular boat launch site. Boaters should expect to pay a day use fee for launches within a DEC Campground during the camping season.
- (D) - DEC
- (P) - Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- (C) - Canal Corporation
The following definitions will assist you in determining if a particular site will accommodate your boat:
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
Note: Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your fishing location
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water
Accessible Features: The hard surface ramp at Fourth Lake and accompanying restrooms are accessible. See below for directions.
Full Listing of DEC's Accessible Recreation Destinations
- Brown Tract Pond : (D) - Hamilton County, Campground. Lower Brown Trout Pond. Off Route 28 on Brown Tract Pond Road, seven miles east of the Hamlet of Eagle Bay. Hand Launching. Parking for ten cars. No motors permitted.
- Eighth Lake : (D) - Hamilton County, Campground. Route 28, 5 miles west of Raquette Lake. Parking for 10 cars and trailers. Hard surface ramp.
- Fourth Lake : (D) - Hamilton County, Inlet. On Route 28, 10 miles east of Old Forge. Hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 25 cars and trailers. (D) - Herkimer County. Alger Island State Campground, 8 miles northeast of Old Forge on South Shore Road. Hand launching. Parking for 25 cars.
- Limekiln Lake : (D) - Hamilton County, Campground. Off Route 28, 3 miles southeast of the Hamlet of Inlet. Parking for 15 cars and trailers. Hard surface launch ramp.
- Seventh Lake : (D) - Hamilton County. Fulton Chain. On Route 28, 3 miles east of the Hamlet of Inlet. Hard surface launching ramp. Parking for 20 cars and trailers.